EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Register

HomeNews and EventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WoW Progress

Like us
Latest topics
» EOE Over the Years
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm by Hecklar

» Just for those Keeping Score
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm by Hecklar

» GOOD RUN! Farewell to you all.
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm by Hecklar

» Prep for second boss and CONGRATS!
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm by adregoth

» Core raiding groups
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm by Strikepoint

» 5.4 NEW RAID first boss
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am by Hecklar

» Raid Changes
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am by Hecklar

» World of Logs
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm by Strikepoint

» Gearing Up for Patch 5.4
Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm by Strikepoint

World of Logs

Navigation

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search 

PAY Vent

Characteristics of a Good Raider

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hecklar
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Characteristics of a Good Raider  Empty
PostSubject: Characteristics of a Good Raider    Characteristics of a Good Raider  EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 pm

What exactly makes a good raider. A lot of these can be applied to 5-man instances as well. So, here were the 11 no particular order.

1) Listen to strategies - Even if you've done the fight a million times before, there's a chance that the raid leader wants to do something just a little bit differently. Plus, assignments are usually handed out at this point. It drives leaders crazy when people consistently ask what they're supposed to do 5 seconds after I just got finished explaining their specific role.

2) Be aware of your surroundings - If they're is fire raining down on top of you doing 2500 damage every 2 seconds... get out. Unless there's a specific reason to be there usually not, you can most likely move and save yourself. Otherwise, your healers may have to make a choice to save you or somebody else. And as much as you've buttered up that uber healer, sometimes, the decision isn't to save you.

3) Be aware of your health and act on it - Health potions, bandages, healthstones... it's not a bad idea to use these every once and awhile. It might mean the difference between you being dead and alive.

4) Be proactive to avoid damage - Sure your raid is uber enough to heal through some trash mob's Aoe spell, but a simple spell interrupt can make that trash go so much faster. And you may have the DPS to kill the mob even if he gets off a heal... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't ignore those either.

5) Do not pull aggro unnecessarily - If you're the tank assigned to that target, you should "pull" aggro. But unless another tank is dead, leave it alone. Oh, and DPS should never ever pull aggro no matter if its the beginning of the fight or the end and no matter how much they want to down the last few percentage points before it gets to them and kills them.

6) Dead DPS = 0 DPS. A lvl 1 priest can do more damage than your dead body on the floor. Stay alive.

7) Be a Team player, not a Me player - I love the players that are willing to sit out for whatever reason for raids. Raid leaders, don't take advantage of these people and make them sit out every night because of their generosity.

Cool Efficient rezzing - If for some reason you have a near wipe (I know, I know... you're way more leet than that), think about the order that you should rez. Priests, Paladins and Shaman should be first so they can rez others. Mages and Druids next because they'll need to eat/drink, buff others, and then drink again. Warlocks and Hunters are next so they can rez their pets, but also because locks need to get mana back. And finally the Rogues and Warriors because they can be ready for action by a healer throwing them a simple heal. I think a lot of times we want the tanks up so they can protect us, but it really seems like this is the most efficient manner.

9) Everyone knows you're dead - "I'm dead" doesn't really do anything for raid leaders. They have a UI. They're watching the bars. So, shut up. Now... that said... "I didn't kill my demon" is a perfectly acceptable statement so we all know we're free to kill you for not taking down your demon in time.

10) Keep the chatter down - I really don't want to talk about breasts or your significant other or the latest prank you pulled in the middle of a boss fight. Voice communication channels need to be open for boss related information. Keep it in tells, or keep it turned off.

11) Be on time - If you signed up for a raid at 7:00, be there at least 15 minutes beforehand if you can. Sure there's going to be exceptions and times you can't make it, but those should be exceptions, and not your M.O.

Back to top Go down

Characteristics of a Good Raider
Page 1 of 1