EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Register

HomeNews and EventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WoW Progress

Like us
Latest topics
» EOE Over the Years
New 5.2 Raid EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm by Hecklar

» Just for those Keeping Score
New 5.2 Raid EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm by Hecklar

» GOOD RUN! Farewell to you all.
New 5.2 Raid EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm by Hecklar

» Prep for second boss and CONGRATS!
New 5.2 Raid EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm by adregoth

» Core raiding groups
New 5.2 Raid EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm by Strikepoint

» 5.4 NEW RAID first boss
New 5.2 Raid EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am by Hecklar

» Raid Changes
New 5.2 Raid EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am by Hecklar

» World of Logs
New 5.2 Raid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm by Strikepoint

» Gearing Up for Patch 5.4
New 5.2 Raid EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm by Strikepoint

World of Logs

Navigation

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search 

PAY Vent

New 5.2 Raid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Strikepoint
Admin

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 am

So I like everyone else am ecstatic that we were able to clear all of MV and the first boss in HoF all in one week. However, I would like to throw around the idea of doing the new raid that came out with this weeks release of 5.2. I don't mean lets go spend the whole raid week tied up wiping on new bosses. I'm saying, let us go in there for an hour and a half to two hours on one of the raid nights and try and kill a boss. After all no one likes getting their face smashed in over and over and over again. If we want to say were a progression raid group than we need to try and stay with the content right? So my thought is, an hour or two a week we go in to the new one and then go back to HoF or MV or ToES. I know we haven't cleared HoF or even touched ToES but like I said just an hour or two a week to try and get one boss down and then go back to old panda content (kinda like we did with doing the first boss in HoF and then going to MV). Im just putting the idea out there. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Hecklar
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Strikepoint wrote:
So I like everyone else am ecstatic that we were able to clear all of MV and the first boss in HoF all in one week. However, I would like to throw around the idea of doing the new raid that came out with this weeks release of 5.2. I don't mean lets go spend the whole raid week tied up wiping on new bosses. I'm saying, let us go in there for an hour and a half to two hours on one of the raid nights and try and kill a boss. After all no one likes getting their face smashed in over and over and over again. If we want to say were a progression raid group than we need to try and stay with the content right? So my thought is, an hour or two a week we go in to the new one and then go back to HoF or MV or ToES. I know we haven't cleared HoF or even touched ToES but like I said just an hour or two a week to try and get one boss down and then go back to old panda content (kinda like we did with doing the first boss in HoF and then going to MV). Im just putting the idea out there. Thoughts?

Strike, I like the idea and if we can maintain a consistent group throughout the "progression" process then yes we can, we did not do MV by choice, we did MV for lack of ability, gear, and general raid awareness if we can’t keep the same 10 every raid night we set ourselves back which in my mind is not progressing its recession.

Keeping up with the "Current Content" is a luxury left to Hardcore progression guilds that build progression teams based on a multitude of factors, One being attendance another being prepared for the fight, another is being able to learn from mistakes and make sure they don’t happen over and over and over again these are some of the traits we lack as a group among others. So progression yes, but at our own pace and ability. Will we see 5.2 content, im sure we will, will we see it soon? Again yes im sure we will, Do we want to skip HOF and TOF all together, we can, are we ready maybe, maybe not. So to put it simply.

If it’s a stand up fight then yes we have a better than average chance of defeating it, the more complex the fight the harder it is for our group to grasp as a whole, people miss nights we fall further behind, the reason we have never kept pace with the content is we don’t have a group the wants to. Again put simply their lives get in the way and ultimately some miss more nights then i care to allow and i would hope if there life is so unpredictable that they would want what’s best for the group and step aside and let us recruit a more dependable person, however it’s not always that simple.

Sorry for the Rant!!

But if you want we will put it on the schedule for next Tuesday and see what it gets us im game.

Marc "Hecklar" LaFond

Back to top Go down
Strikepoint
Admin

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 pm

From what I have read up on the first boss fight, the mechanics are pretty simple. It is mostly survivability. It is a bit of a dps check as with 5 dps they need to be pushing 82k with 6 dps it is only 70k. You need to note though that there is a buff that all dps needs to stand in that gives 40% damage increase and i believe 50% heals received.
Back to top Go down
Bronhan
Admin

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:16 am

Well sounds Good to me "BUT" what i really want to start seeing is more ppl showing up on time and being ready for the fight's.

if we cant be more consistent at showing up for raid's every week on time i promiss you there has not been one week in the last two months that we have had
every one on time showing up and being there both nights on time thats whats killing us but i would like to see it to and i have heard that he is not easy do to the fact that its a moving fight lol thats hard for are group LOL and time are group needs to move they have a hard time with it.

Back to top Go down
KZI_MAT

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Just my thoughts...   New 5.2 Raid EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm

I like all the comments and we are headed down the right path, however it would be nice if people where in better attendance or a simple heads up! I don't like sitting around... at least not on the game.

Hope we can get more cracks at the new guy as well but would like to see us clear MV at least once more, and clear HOF and ToEs.

If we are into progression, part of progression should be progressing through the content, especially that content we haven't done.
Back to top Go down
Wickedbeauty

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

The attendance issue will soon be dealt with. As for the people who ARE excited to be here and raiding, this is gonna be AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
KZI_MAT

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Wickedbeauty wrote:
The attendance issue will soon be dealt with. As for the people who ARE excited to be here and raiding, this is gonna be AWESOME!!!!

Always the positive little hunter ^...

But yes I am excited to be raiding with each of you...
(Wanda: awwwwww Kzi your such a suck-up!)

Oh and this got me laughing:
New 5.2 Raid IMG_1123
Back to top Go down
Wickedbeauty

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:48 am

Laughing He probably picked them up 3 more times since this post.
Back to top Go down
Bronhan
Admin

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:51 am

AHHH Im so happy to see more ppl in the forums. Nice to see you back in here Wanda.

Marc has been out there recruiting. The big thing is it has been hard to find ppl willing to be on stand by. Also we are going to have some open spots that will be filled by new recruits or by ppl in the guild that are geared to come in to the raid.
There is some thing called complacency standing in stuff trying to finish casting and dying is not good raiding. Moving and using your other healers as a healing team or DPS team is the way to do it. Overall raiding is not a one man nor woman's show. This is what every one in the raid needs to remember that we have a (team) of healers, dps, and tanks.

This is how we all need to move on. Can't blame every time you die on some thing other then you like the lag, my cat or dog, my kid, wife , life , or i peed myself. JUST rez come back and learn form the last wipe. Stop dying from the same thing every week. This is progression raiding. I know everyone in our raid has done this hundreds of times. There is no excuse for ppl to make the same mistakes every week.

I'm not trying to upset anyone, but something has to change.

Back to top Go down
Hecklar
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Bron is absolutely right, Complacency kills, plain and simple, the crap on the floor in these new raids is no joke, a 2.0 second cast is certain death for dps or a healer trying to get that last shot in before they move just so they can be 2 points higher on the meter.
When I first started raiding I was told something that holds true today, dead players do no damage, And I don’t care how bad ass a healer you think you are, if you’re dead you are pumping out ZERO HPS ya that’s right zero.

Bottom line is we need to get our shit together, those of you and you all know who you are, if you’re not getting to raid on time missing raid altogether, if you have a shit computer, or a shit internet, or whatever is not allowing you to produce at 110% every raid night then please, think about the other people who are suffering due to your missing raid without warning, have a computer that isn’t fit to play PONG, let alone WOW. Or whatever is causing it……and believe me I know a lot of it is beyond your control, but it is getting old there has to be a point were you feel your dragging the group down. And believe me when i say we Love each and everyone of you and dont want to make it seem like we dont care we really do. But the fact remains we are not moving forward.

Your commitment to the raiding group is 3 hours per raid night starting at 7PM ST Tue-Wed, IF your life is so volatile that you cant commit to those days and times them maybe we need to look at other options for you, maybe 1 night a week on a Sat or Sun we can form a alt group on the day you have completely available that you will not miss and show up on time Etc…. I’m open to suggestions, but for right now I need to get this progression group back on track and if cutting people is what it takes, then that’s what I’m going to do.

I am on the literally on the edge of dis-banding this raid group and putting together another group that meets the stringent requirements for progression. On top of having first class gear on your main.

1) Attendance and being on time.
2) Showing up prepared IE knowing the fights and the mechanics of each Boss were facing
3) Having the computer equipment to play the game at your highest potential.
4) Being Active… Period…. always striving to get your toon everything it needs to compete

I keep saying that were not hard core and were not, hell right now we can’t even down the easiest content in this expansion, because of the reason previously stated. It’s frustrating for me because I see this as a personal failure its my fualt that were not progressing that we can’t complete the simplest of tasks without it being some huge undertaking.

But the bottom line is there are others that wish to progress farther then MV farther then HOT or TOT, but we have a serious issue, we love everyone were raiding with and its obvious that we do or you would have been replaced long ago, but enough is enough.

Im asking, no im begging you to look for other options before i have to start cutting people and making me look more like an asshole. So if you think you are not performing at 110% or you think your dragging the group down let me or bron know, we wont think badly and we will try and hold you a spot in future content so at such a time when your back on track and willing to give us the commitment we need we can work you in.

Marc "Hecklar" LaFond
Back to top Go down
KZI_MAT

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: DPS TO THE EXTREME! + Help?   New 5.2 Raid EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Push the envelope!

ESPECIALLY for us DPS we need better numbers in general, a lot of the time I can change my DPS start just a bit to push out a little better numbers... but remember a good DPS is a living DPS. DPS never trumps mechanics or being raid aware.

Something I haven't used much in the past but am finding very useful is:

Ask Mr. Robot: Glorynight
Ask Mr. Robot: Strikepoint
Ask Mr. Robot: Lorinia
Ask Mr. Robot: Wickedwanda
Ask Mr. Robot: Lupuslatro
Ask Mr. Robot: Trianua

Not only does this website show you best in slot, it can help for reforging, gear ranking and you can see a comprehensive list of what might be a good upgrade and where you should be going for gear.

Also for right now I have enjoyed reading some of the info on:
http://www.icy-veins.com Since from what I have see it has been mostly updated for the 5.2 content.

Last edited by KZI_MAT on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update.)
Back to top Go down
Bronhan
Admin

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 am

Thank you KZI this was very helpful for me.

Also thank you for giving me the heads up that ICY VEINS was back on top of stuff
this was very helpful for my noob self to take a look at my spec and o i was wrong by changing be for i new the patch was final but any hoo THANK'S.

BRON..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New 5.2 Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.2 Raid   New 5.2 Raid Empty

Back to top Go down

New 5.2 Raid
Page 1 of 1