EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Register

HomeNews and EventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WoW Progress

Like us
Latest topics
» EOE Over the Years
Weird gearing EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm by Hecklar

» Just for those Keeping Score
Weird gearing EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm by Hecklar

» GOOD RUN! Farewell to you all.
Weird gearing EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm by Hecklar

» Prep for second boss and CONGRATS!
Weird gearing EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm by adregoth

» Core raiding groups
Weird gearing EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm by Strikepoint

» 5.4 NEW RAID first boss
Weird gearing EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am by Hecklar

» Raid Changes
Weird gearing EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am by Hecklar

» World of Logs
Weird gearing EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm by Strikepoint

» Gearing Up for Patch 5.4
Weird gearing EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm by Strikepoint

World of Logs

Navigation

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search 

PAY Vent

Weird gearing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: Weird gearing   Weird gearing EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:50 am

Weird gearing

Last edited by Winter on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: And it gets weirder...   Weird gearing EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am

And it gets weirder...

Last edited by Winter on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bronhan
Admin

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: gear in this x pack    Weird gearing EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am

Yes, This xpac has been a challenge for me do to the fact that they are trying to have a pally tank use more dps gear with expertes and hast mastery over dodge and parry is very strange for me i have never seen it set up this way befor and have asked some ppl i know about it and they have given me this
for tanking

http://www.icy-veins.com/tanking-guide-wow ... LOL but i did help for like one thing lol and there is a lot more little stuff that is sliping buy you dont see right away.

LIKE,
1. Basics.

There are three viable ways in which you can optimise your stats as a Protection Paladin.

1.1. Control/Mastery Priority

This stat priority will result in a smooth damage intake, and will provide you with reliable Holy Power generation.
1.Stamina (until you have enough, see below);
2.Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
3.Expertise Rating (until 15%);
4.Mastery Rating;
5.Haste Rating.

1.2. Avoidance Priority

This stat priority will result in the lowest amount of overall damage taken, but due to the nature of avoidance statistics, the damage intake will not be smooth. Indeed, you will risk often taking great bursts of damage if you fail to avoid any attacks.
2.Parry Rating and Dodge Rating (there is an important distinction here, see below);
3.Mastery Rating;
4.Hit Rating;
5.Expertise Rating.

1.3. Control/Haste Priority

This stat priority maximises both Holy Power generation, as well as threat/DPS, while maintaining a high amount of survivability. As a downside, it is more difficult to play, so it is only recommended for those who are very familiar with the rotation.
2.Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
3.Expertise Rating (until 15%);
4.Haste Rating;
5.Mastery Rating.

These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using Simulation Craft.

2. Getting a Better Understanding.

2.1. Statistics Explanations

Most encounters have abilities that cannot be mitigated or avoided. Also, you need to have a decent amount of health, in order to give yourself the chance to be healed before a subsequent attack kills you. In addition to this minimum amount of Stamina, we feel that Stamina remains quite valuable for Protection Paladins. In addition to the amount of Stamina found innately on your gear, we advise you to obtain some additional Stamina, particularly through gemming.

Your Parry Rating and Dodge Rating constitute your avoidance. Your chance to parry should be about 2 times higher than your chance to dodge. This is because these statistics have different diminishing returns (something that was not the case in Catalysm). Simply put, this means that Dodge Rating loses its value faster, the more you have of it, than Parry Rating does. Therefore, to make the best use of your stat points, you need to keep their diminishing return levels balanced.

Mastery Rating, thanks to Mastery: Divine Bulwark, increases your chance to block attacks, as well as increasing the gain from both of the effects of Shield of the Righteous. It is, therefore, a direct increase of your survivability. It is important to note that in Mists of Pandaria it is no longer possible to reach the CTC or avoidance cap.

Hit Rating and Expertise Rating are important statistics as well. They reduce the likelihood that your Holy Power-generating abilities will miss or be dodged/parried. This increases your Holy Power generation, which in turn allows you to use Shield of the Righteous and Word of Glory more.

Haste Rating increases your Holy Power generation slightly, thanks to Sanctity of Battle. It also improves your DPS and threat.

2.2. Hit Cap

At level 90, most races require 2,550 Hit Rating to reach the melee hit cap. Draenei, thanks to Heroic Presence, only need 2,210 Hit Rating.

2.3. Expertise Cap

At level 90, most races require 5,100 Expertise Rating to reach the expertise cap. Some races, in some cases, only need 4,760 Expertise Rating, thanks to passive racial skills:
•Dwarves when using a Mace ( Mace Specialization);
•Humans when using a Mace/Sword ( Mace Specialization and Sword Specialization

Back to top Go down
Bronhan
Admin

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: Tabbard system   Weird gearing EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 am

I could not agre more with you winter for this X pac has driven me to

A hole new lvl of kickingass ...
"I miss the Tabbard system, would much rather grind dungeons than grind dailies"

this is how i fill as well my friend this has been a very challengeing xpac do to blizz trying to stay in front of the guilds that have blizz betta tester's guilds
and guilds that raid 7days a week 8 to 12 hr's a day its just nasty lol and the 5.2 tue 5.3 is going to suck for thos who use the upgrade system blizz just put out in 5.1 that have problems getting gear up grades in there raids, they use it to try and stay with the pack that is getting the up grades..
CRAZZY I SAY!!

BRON.
Back to top Go down
KZI_MAT

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird gearing   Weird gearing EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 am

YOUR ALL WEIRD! bounce

yes I also seem to have stats all over the place but it is slowly getting aligned but ... eh!
Back to top Go down
Lupus

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird gearing   Weird gearing EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm

Raid 7 days a week and 8-12 hours a day.............. Imma need a samich ....... =+)
Back to top Go down
Bronhan
Admin

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird gearing   Weird gearing EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 am

HAHAHA!!!

YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP !!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weird gearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird gearing   Weird gearing Empty