EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Register

HomeNews and EventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WoW Progress

Like us
Latest topics
» EOE Over the Years
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm by Hecklar

» Just for those Keeping Score
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm by Hecklar

» GOOD RUN! Farewell to you all.
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm by Hecklar

» Prep for second boss and CONGRATS!
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm by adregoth

» Core raiding groups
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm by Strikepoint

» 5.4 NEW RAID first boss
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am by Hecklar

» Raid Changes
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am by Hecklar

» World of Logs
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm by Strikepoint

» Gearing Up for Patch 5.4
Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm by Strikepoint

World of Logs

Navigation

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search 

PAY Vent

Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kzi
Raider
Kzi

Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. Empty
PostSubject: Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used.   Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used. EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:38 am

3.3 Warrior FAQ - Read First, Post Later
Welcome to the Warrior FAQ.

What you will see in this post: Simple, concise answers to frequently asked questions.

What you won't see in this post: The detailed reasoning behind those answers, advanced Warrior concepts, anything about the upcoming stat/talent changes for Cataclysm.

If your question isn't answered here, or if you're curious as to precise details as to why something is the way it is, you'll have to read the relevant discussion topics. Furthermore, these are the basics, a starting point. If you're wondering why other Warriors are better than you, it's probably because they're doing something that isn't covered in this FAQ.

----------

Arms

Q: What is the best Arms spec?
A: The most common is a variation on 54/17/0.

Q: Why did you use Poleaxe Spec?
A: You need 5 points in one of the weapon masteries. Just put them in whatever weapon spec befits your best weapon.

Q: What about the 55/8/8 Incite spec?
A: If you're reading this, you probably don't have the gear/knowledge required for that.

Q: What rotation should I be using?
A: Arms uses a priority system. Overpower (If <1.5 seconds before a TfB proc), Rend (Do Not Clip) > Mortal Strike > Overpower > Execute > Slam. Heroic Strike at 80+ Rage. Every GCD should be used for something; waiting for a cooldown or proc is lost DPS.

Q: That priority list is wrong. I do top DPS in my guild and I prioritize-
A: That priority list is simplified. There are all sorts of conditions which will change your priorities, but discussing them goes beyond the purpose of a simple FAQ.

Q: When do I use Bladestorm?
A: In a single target fight, on cooldown between Taste for Blood usage. On fights where AoE may be necessary, save it for those parts of the fight.

Q: What good is Shattering Throw?
A: It can increase raid DPS during Bloodlust if there are a number of other physical DPS present. However, it's a personal DPS loss.

Q: What are my stat priorities?
A: Get 8% hit. After that, Strength > ArP > Crit > Agi > 2AP > Haste == Expertise.

Q: Why don't we cap Expertise?
A: Because of Overpower. You may lose a GCD and some rage, but ultimately you gain less from lowering your chance to dodge than you do from other stats. If you're frequently using Sunder Armor for your raid, Expertise does become more valuable.

Q: Should I gem for ArP? What gear is BiS?
A: Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet or Rawr to find out.

Q: Doesn't Sunder Armor mean you only need 80% ArP?
A: No. Sunder/Expose Armor and Faerie Fire work separately from ArP. You want your ArP Rating, Battle Stance bonus and (if you use maces) Mace Specialization bonus to total 100%.

Q: What should I use to enchant my weapon?
A: Berserking.

Q: My raid leader wants me to use Sunder Armor, I don't want to lose DPS.
A: Do it. It's a DPS gain for the raid, and for you as well if no one else is willing/able. Screw your rotation and the DPS race; stack it immediately to full. No, it isn't a better idea for the Rogues to use Expose Armor.

Fury

Q: What is the best Fury spec?
A: Fury typically goes with 19/52/0.

Q: What about Commanding Presence and Booming Voice?
A: Take those instead of Unbridled Wrath and Imp Cleave if your raid setup requires it.

Q: What about Enrage?
A: No.

Q: But it's 10% more damage!
A: Only when it procs, which very rarely happens in raids. It's not worth it.

Q: What about Improved Berserker Rage?

Q: What rotation should I be using?
A: Bloodthirst > Whirlwind > Slam (Bloodsurge). Heroic Strike when you have 50+ Rage. At very high gear levels Heroic Strike will effectively replace every mainhand weapon swing.

Q: Should I use Slam when I don't have a Bloodsurge proc?

Q: What about when I can Execute?
A: At lower gear levels use Execute in place of Slams, and only Heroic Strike at 80+ Rage. At higher gear levels (iLvl 245+) Slam becomes better than Execute, and you can Heroic Strike more often.

Q: When do I use Death Wish and Recklessness?
A: Use Death Wish on cooldown, but try to line it up with Bloodlust whenever possible. Recklessness should only be used during a free GCD shortly before WW and BT come off cooldown. Do not delay either for the cooldown, it isn't worth it.

Q: What good is Shattering Throw?
A: It can increase raid DPS during Bloodlust if there are a number of other physical DPS present. However, it's a personal DPS loss.

A: Get 8% hit (including Precision), 26 Expertise. After that, Strength > ArP > Crit > Agi = 2AP = Haste > Hit.

Q: Should I gem for ArP? What gear is BiS?
A: Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet or Rawr to find out.

Q: Doesn't Sunder Armor mean you only need 80% ArP?
A: No. Sunder/Expose Armor and Faerie Fire work separately from ArP. You want 100% from ArP rating.

Q: What should I use to enchant my weapon?
A: Berserking.

Q: What about my offhand?
A: Still Berserking.

Q: Should I put Bryntroll in my offhand?
A: No. Proc weapons suck in the offhand. If you have a mainhand better than Bryntroll, find a better offhand.

Q: But I don't have have a better offhand yet!
A: You have Landsoul's Spreadsheet and Rawr available to you. Figure it out.

Q: My raid leader wants me to use Sunder Armor, I don't want to lose DPS.
A: Do it. It's a DPS gain for the raid, and for you as well if no one else is willing/able. Screw your rotation and the DPS race; stack it immediately to full. You also suffer the least impact of any class/spec save for Protection, plus your DPS will increase.

Protection

Q: What spec should I use?
A: A variation on 15/3/53.

Q: I use this spec and these glyphs-
A: This isn't DPS, there is no be all and end all spec or set of glyphs. Read the Protection thread and make decisions based on your situation.

Q: What's my maximum threat rotation?
A: It isn't a rotation, but a simple priority system. Revenge > Shield Slam > Devastate, and use Heroic Strike as often as possible. Shield Slam becomes better than Revenge during Shield Block, and also once you have 2pT10.

Q: Does Glyph of Devastate change this?
A: No. Revenge's damage/threat received a huge buff in 3.3.3, and Shield Slam has a sizable threat lead. While Glyph of Devastate is a threat boost it doesn't change priorities.

Q: What about AoE packs?
A: Thunderclap and Shockwave become your top priorities besides Revenge. Use Cleave instead of Heroic Strike. Shield Block will greatly reduce your incoming damage, and boost damage from the Damage Shield talent.

Q: What kind of weapon do I want?
A: A fast 1H tanking weapon.

Q: But slower weapons do more damage with Devastate!
A: Slow weapons also reduce how often you can Heroic Strike and Cleave. Stick to fast weapons unless you have bad luck with drops.

A: 540 defense (689 Defense Rating). Stamina and Armor.

Q: What about avoidance?
A: If you need avoidance, Dodge is better than Parry.

Q: What about Block?
A: It's not bad, but they're adding diminishing returns soon. Don't pass up gear with Block, but don't specifically gear for it either.

Q: My threat sucks, what should I do?
A: Expertise is your best single target threat stat before you hit 26 expertise, it gets more confusing after that. Strength is the best all around threat stat and for AoE. Look for tanking gear with these stats.

Q: But I'll lose Stamina/Dodge/Gearscore if I do that!
A: Welcome to the world of tanking trade-offs.

Q: I keep dying. What I am doing wrong?
A: You may be undergeared, using a wrong strategy, standing in the fire, failing to use/time your survival cooldowns or have too few/bad healers. Make sure it isn't one of the first four.

Q: Who should get my Vigilance?
A: Whichever DPS does the most threat. This is usually your top DPS, but not always.

Q: Why are Indestructible Potions so important?
A: Because you can spend almost 4 minutes of any fight with an additional 3500 armor. You can chug one before entering combat and still be able use another during the fight. The damage you mitigate through one of these far outweighs what a Runic Health Potion heals.

* copy from, http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t88685-3_3_warrior_faq_read_first_post_later/
Back to top Go down
http://mattmark.com

Nice Warrior ~ 3.3 Warrior Information I have used.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EOE Raiding :: Class Discussions :: Warrior-
Jump to: