EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Register

HomeNews and EventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WoW Progress

Like us
Latest topics
» EOE Over the Years
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm by Hecklar

» Just for those Keeping Score
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm by Hecklar

» GOOD RUN! Farewell to you all.
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm by Hecklar

» Prep for second boss and CONGRATS!
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm by adregoth

» Core raiding groups
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm by Strikepoint

» 5.4 NEW RAID first boss
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am by Hecklar

» Raid Changes
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am by Hecklar

» World of Logs
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm by Strikepoint

» Gearing Up for Patch 5.4
PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm by Strikepoint

World of Logs

Navigation

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search 

PAY Vent

PvP...how I use my DK to kick your.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Davisdk

Davisdk

PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... Empty
PostSubject: PvP...how I use my DK to kick your.....   PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 am

Hey all, there is alot to be covered here, so I'm going to focus on one class or group at a time.Today I will mainly talk about casters and healers...lets get right into it.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jbh0bZMIRrsdRdczb:MamcVqcmM if you notice I spent my extra skill points in death grip, mind freeze and strangulate, dont worry about disease time so much, you need to keep re-appling hits for runic power anyways

Interupts are your key moves against all casters. Ofcoarse strangulate and mind freeze are your primary moves, but dont waste them when you first see a healer. You must burst them first...then when you see a cast bar try to hit them with your mind freeze first, then strangulate, then when that breaks you can hit the with the new necrotic strike (which steals 7k healing for yourself)...and remember, necrotic strike has no cooldown and is best used alot at this point. When I burst someone I use a macro that pops my "on use" trinket(+1650str) and Pillar of Frost(+20%str)at the same time. This brings my att pwr up to 18k from about 10k...this is a massive boost to damg for 20 sec and should destroy any cloth or mail casters. Pallies are stupidly hard to get like this cuz they bubble when your about to squash them, but if you chains of ice them and hit their parters at this time you create pressure on their whole team, forcing them to make a mistake.

Against mages, warlocks and even dps shammies, the new Dark Simulacrum is an awsome skill...I like to lead with it, then use my anti magic shell..This lets them attack, but usaully catches a mages mirror image or frost lance and a warlocks dots for you to use against them and the antimagic shell protects you from it at the same time. Then i pop my attack cooldowns and strangulate them for my first big burst...if cc'ed at this point, break it..you dont want to waste your burst being sheep'ed the whole time..if they run, death grip them or chains of ice them, you wont kill them if they get away. At this point in the fight, both you and them are about to determind who will win the fight, so I raise a ghoul and get ready to blood pact it for the big health bonus. This can usaully give you the extra health you need to shrug off any offence they just unleached on you. Nothing gives a mage or warlock a deeper knot in their stomach then to see you pop back to full health as you continue to beat them with your ugly stick. Against mages I like to use chains of ice more and save my death grip till they try to blink away...this can be key because they cannot do that again for a little bit. And running from you can be pretty hard with frost fever giving them a movement debuff if you spent you skill correctly. If you do catch mirror image with your dark simulacrum hit them with howling blast at range then death grip them to you because your mirror images wont run to attack like Army of the dead. they just stand there, but if you death grip then chains of ice, that mage is going to be a sad particapant in the DK train your about to run through him.

Against other DKs...the secret weapon most ppl dont think about is strangulate. All dk attacks are melee with a spell added ontop of it. So if you silence them you can pretty much stop all offence for the time being, get your burst in first, get your ghoul ready to be sacrificed for health, then to add insult to injury I like to ice block them with my hungering cold and hit up the bandages for alittle more health. This always makes me laugh cuz they will have to pop a cooldown to break it or just watch you heal yourself.

Once again I'm out of typing energy and going to call it...so...remember....put on the pressure, then right before they save themselves you need to silence them, then hit empower rune weapon to get all resources back and pop all attack cooldown, finally, kick the shit out of them making them sad they even logged in that day.
Back to top Go down
Wickedbeauty

PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP...how I use my DK to kick your.....   PvP...how I use my DK to kick your..... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:35 am

You sir, are a badass... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PvP...how I use my DK to kick your.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EOE Raiding :: Class Discussions :: Death Knight-
Jump to: