EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
EOE Raiding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Register

HomeNews and EventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WoW Progress

Like us
Latest topics
» EOE Over the Years
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm by Hecklar

» Just for those Keeping Score
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm by Hecklar

» GOOD RUN! Farewell to you all.
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm by Hecklar

» Prep for second boss and CONGRATS!
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm by adregoth

» Core raiding groups
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:36 pm by Strikepoint

» 5.4 NEW RAID first boss
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am by Hecklar

» Raid Changes
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am by Hecklar

» World of Logs
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm by Strikepoint

» Gearing Up for Patch 5.4
What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm by Strikepoint

World of Logs

Navigation

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search 

PAY Vent

What to look for if you're bored on Halloween

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What to look for if you're bored on Halloween Empty
PostSubject: What to look for if you're bored on Halloween   What to look for if you're bored on Halloween EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Last year, we had a thorough look at the hidden [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] area, with its massive pile of bones where hundreds of people were thrown down a well, and humans drowned by chaining them upside-down underwater. The crypts were never meant to be explored by players, but WoW has had plenty of other terrifying secrets through the years that are just waiting for us to discover them.

The C'thun Kids Club
Above the leatherworking shop in Goldshire, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If you venture there, you will sometimes discover [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], arrayed in a strange pattern. They stand there, silently facing each other. The light music of Elwynn changes to an ominous low rumble or a creepy hum. Every so often you will hear ghostly noises, or even the voice of C'thun himself. Outside of the house, two tiny children's skulls are hidden in the grass. They have been called the "creepy children," the "demon children," and the "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]." They also run around Elwynn to Stormwind and back, always in formation. Sometimes they will stop and stare at each other again, or all look in one direction for no apparent reason. Presumably this is just to creep us out even more. I had heard, but I'm not sure if I ever actually saw it, that the six creepy children sometimes stood in a pentagram shape (with one in the middle) but after several years Blizzard changed

A recuperating Yogg-Saron?
The Old Gods are always scary, but perhaps never more so than when you encounter them unexpectedly. In Icecrown's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] area, a deep pool of water hides what looks a little bit like a pale, unhealthy Yogg-Saron recovering from his Ulduar beatdown. The oversized maw twitches occasionally. Will he rise again in a future expansion?

Occupy Lordaeron
Horde characters may be surprised to find out that every time they've ridden through the Ruins of Lordaeron above the Undercity, they've been surrounded by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If you drink an Invisibility Potion or use a similar spell, you can see them, and even attack or kill them. Unfortunately, they don't drop anything interesting. In the throne room of the ruins, you can hear ghostly sounds from the past, when Arthas returned to kill his father and everyone else in the city.

Strat got served
In Stratholme, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] haunt the streets. They are the souls of Arthas' victims, forever wandering their home. They won't attack unless you provoke them. Once engaged, however, they are easily distracted. If you /dance with them, they will stop attacking in order to flash a few moves. They also respond to /wave and /rude.

The sitting skeletons
High on a hill in the Blasted Lands, four skeletons sit around a jumbled pile of ogre bones. Their skulls face upward toward the sky, as if they were all looking at the same thing in the moment of their death. A demonic runestone sits beside them. We don't know for sure what they were attempting, but we can guess. Either way, the outcome is beyond any doubt . . .

The demon barber of Stormwind
Azeroth seems littered with skeletons sometimes, even in the cities. Someone in Stormwind has been giving gnomes a closer shave than they bargained for. Above Stormwind's barber shop, two gnome skeletons have been stashed under the floorboards. A straight razor lies on the table next to them. Does the city have its own version of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? Is someone across the street selling delicious gnome pies? I imagine gnome would be a succulent, porklike meat -- not gamey at all.

Dead gnomes everywhere
Speaking of gnome skeletons, there are two on a hill in northeastern Tirisfal Glades as well. They are holding hands, and one is grasping an ear of corn. Is this a
Children of the Corn reference, or just the developers being wacky?

Invincible's grave
Tirisfal is also home to the grave of Arthas' horse Invincible. It lies at Balnir Farmstead. The inscription reads, Invincible Beloved Steed of Prince Arthas Menethil Loyal and great of heart in life. May you find peace in death... Pure streams and green pastures, devoted friend... The grave, of course, has been dug up. No rest for the undead -- or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Human-skin tents
In Westfall, the gnolls are playing for keeps. If you examine their leather tents, you can see human faces sewn into them. There's no two ways about this one: gnolls are making their tents out of human skins. I don't remember picking up that particular recipe when I leveled leatherworking. I'll have to check the trainer again.

Worst orphanage ever
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the hills of Nagrand, a troll woman named Challe presides over an orphanage with a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Maybe it's the kid hiding under the bones of some colossal beast. Maybe it's the stuffed bear looming over swaddled babies. Maybe it's the dog house with bloody scraps of meat inside of it -- is it meat for the dog, or the remains of one? Maybe it's the tauren baby centrifuge?? The tiny cages with bones inside leave little doubt that something sinister is afoot. Whatever the story behind this place is, I'm convinced it's not a happy one. Thrall really should look into it.

And more:
· I was exploring at one point on one of my first horde toons and just happened to have to go afk when my toon was in there and when i got bock and put on my headphones again i heard the whispers, looked at the screen and saw the blood stain

· Another kinda creepy place is the hallway in blackrock caverns where the second boss is… look up at the ceiling and you will see a twilight dragon hanging there on chains, where she is drawing her power from.

· Also, in Blackwing Descent, in the central room (over the pit where the Nefarion encounter occurs) there are hanging corpses of all 4 dragonflights

· That one area of Twilight Highlands near the Twilight Citadel where there's all those chained-up dragon corpses with limbs and wings cut off of them. That's a place normally visited just by following the quest lines, though I'll admit it is probably one of the more overtly gruesome places in all of WoW. Back when I was farming BWL for cosmetic gear I was always amazed at how eerie and nasty they managed to make such an old raid. I find it even creepier than most parts of Naxx, and that's the dungeon containing most of WoW's "horror" bosses. They are using the dead and chopped dragons, which are also found in BWL (though in different flavors of flight) towards the end. They were collecting their blood for the Chromatic experiments, so there's areas with mutilated bodies over slopes and grates so the blood would all flow into collection. One has to wonder if they even bothered finishing the dragons off first, since all they needed was their blood, whereas the Dragonmaw/Twilight's Hammer were just killing them to get rid of them.

· In Nagrand, if you fly toward Garadar from the north, one of the floating "islands" has an apple tree growing on it. Sitting against the trunk of the tree is an armored skeleton (appears to be either human or orc) with an ax through it's skull and embedded in the tree trunk. Looks like somebody got whacked while napping...

· If you stand in Shattrath long enough you will hear someone yelling about a certain fruit vendor that won't move his cart. The reason why he won't move his cart is he's dead.

· Terokarr Forest: The bones of dead Draenei are everywhere, their souls haven't found rest and a cult of exclusively Draenei shadow priests are harvesting and using the souls for nefarious ends.

· If you're curious what Gnome tastes like, check out another of WoW's creepiest Easter Eggs: Rona Greenteeth. She's got her own wagon off in the forest on the western side of Darkmoon Island, and she'll be happly to happy to sell you... Well, let's just say racial delicacies from across Azeroth.

· One of my favorite creepy WoW quests is an exorcism. You get to be the young priest and you must channel prayer beads on the old priest to help him exorcise the demons. In the meantime, the possessed guy is saying awful things, floating, contorting midair, flying around and vomiting pea greeen and summoning slime adds.

· By crystol lake, there’s a Jason standing on the dock. If you stand there and the guards walk by they talk about a mask being fished out of the lake.

· The entire Path of Glory- that huge road blazing through half the zone in HP- is paved with bones. That weird texture? The one you've been carelessly running over for years? It's skulls, and femurs, and teeth, and every other kind of bone that there is. And it's stretching in front of you for miles. You literally cannot walk without feeling them grind beneath your feet.

· Thaddius a boss in Naxx is composed of the flesh of women and children.

· There is that one digsite in Pandaria located in the Valley of the Four Winds only populated by neutral turtles, and while you are in the ruins, you get some kind of debuff called "Ominous Presence" whose tooltip reads "You are being watched".

· There are all the Pompeii-like preserved bodies in both Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes, and Stratholme. You can see them forever frozen in poses of agony.

· In the Jade Forest, there's a pagoda on top one of the hills where two Pandaren skeletons sit at a table. The table has a game board and drinks and food. Did they want to die there? Were they unable to get down? Did there families forget about them? It's either very sad, or very sinister.

ty
winter
ctgarry.com/g2
Back to top Go down

What to look for if you're bored on Halloween
Page 1 of 1